2009 – Uddevalla, Sweden.
The first Swedish full-scale test of the RockDrain system took place in the Kattleberg tunnel. A railroad tunnel approximately 30 km north of Gothenburg, Sweden.
THE ROCK DRAIN CONCEPT has over the past 8 years been developed and installed for test and live installations. The result of the preliminary test Trafikverket – The Swedish Transport Administration for Rail and Road implementation ordered a full-scale test in KATTLEBERG TRAIN TUNNEL – all paid by Trafikverket.
The full scale test was executed together with:
- IVL – Swedish Environmental Research Institute
- SP – Technical Research Institute of Sweden
- CBI – Swedish Cement and Concrete Research Institute
- Two of Norway’s and Sweden’s major construction companies
Their studies have given these results, as compared to other existing solutions:
- 55.2% lower cost
- 42.7% lower energy consumption
- 31.0% lower global warming potential (GWP)
- 36.0% less acidification
- 54.8% better eutrophication
- 27.9% less photochemical ozone creation potential (POCP)
- 70.1% less waste
As a result of this mentioned results – Trafikverket has ordered our RockDrain Concept to be used in the problem tunnel HALLANDSAASEN.